Friday 26 August 2016

FIRST BABY AT 46 AFTER FAILED IVF

This story sounds very similar to mine.  A woman goes through failed fertility treatments and gets pregnant naturally in her mid forties.  Yes, all the doctors frown at you and give you the "give it up" look.  Okay, they are only doing their job, but fertility doctors usually only see the hard cases.  The women in this story got pregnant despite a fairly stressful life, high FSH, and a blood clotting disorder.  I guess when it's meant to happen, it does!

 Read more:

On my 45th birthday, my chances of getting pregnant, according to the popular statistics, reached zero. I cried, and my husband assured me we could keep trying naturally. I said “ok,” but I thought he was being foolishly optimistic.  We stopped all medical treatments, and I gave up all the alternative approaches to boosting fertility I’d been using too, like acupuncture and herbs.
There Go All the Theories about What To Do and What Not to Do
Six months later, just after mother’s day and just after I wrote this post, we learned I was almost seven weeks pregnant. At the time, my beloved father-in-law was dying, and I’d been spending 4-6 hours a day in a Japanese hospital with him, where once again, I couldn’t understand any of the nurses or doctors. So there goes the theory that we just have to relax or not be stressed and we’ll get pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment